Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumROADMAP: What is nextOpen Stage Control
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Open Stage Control

Hi Marco,

I have just watched the recent YouTube video of Mihkel, and he has switched from Lemur to Open Stage control. This seems to be a really universal platform as it will run on various systems.

https://openstagecontrol.ammd.net/

Did you check this out, and if so - do you have any plans to implement this front / backend?

Best regards,

Georg

Thanks for posting this Georg,

Indeed I must confirm that I am looking into this, maybe replacing lemur which seems not very reactive recently

I have in mind exciting things for the future of FLOW... 🙂

Marco

Hi Marco,

I just had to set up a new PC and found it really an enerving task to install Lemur again, as it is completely unsupported and a bit out of date.

How far are you with your planning / intentions to replace Lemur in the future?

Best regards,

Georg

Hi Georg,

I see but fact is: considering the programming needed in flow the only candidate I see is Open Stage Control.

First impression about installation is that is not more easy than lemur, actually you are obliged to install a few applications you do not really need just to make it run, and the midi setup will still be there

I tried once to migrate to OSC, both the time I ended up with crashes and obstacles which stopped me from going on.

I cannot develop a commercial product based on a solution in beta version, it would be a suicide for me cause I will have to spend all my time replying to the unsatisfied customers which encounters issue with an application I am not accountable for.

said that, I plan to stick to lemur for the coming months and keep looking at the evolution of OSC

Hope it clarifies 🙂

Marco